Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

As much as I love this time a year it is always so busy.  I hope you all had a blessed Christmas this year.  Ours was so wonderful.  God is so good all the time.  I just praise the Lord for my family.  I am so truly blessed. 
   God has been doing great things at Bible Baptist Church in Unity.  We had our candle light service on Wednesday night.  We did end up with a little bit of a storm so we had some people who ended up being stuck home but God still moved.  We had 3 people in our service that were thought to be unsaved.  A very clear Gospel was given and we are praying that God will save these people.  We know that if we are faithful to tell he will give the victory.   Praise the Lord for Christmas being on Sunday.  It is not very often we get to go to church on Christmas.  What a blessing it was.  I heard of many churches that ended up not having services or cutting them out.  I praise the Lord mine was not one of them.  We had our normal morning service then had brunch with lots of delicious food then had our afternoon service.  After Church we went to my sisters house for dinner.  It was such a good day.   
    I am excited to start our next Sunday school lesson.  We tried something new this year and so far have liked it.  We have been using a curriculum through Crown college.  This past year we went through a lesson on Faith, Following Christ and Fishing for men, and ended the year with a lesson on becoming a 1st century church.  The lessons come with a workbooks as well as a book to read.  It has about 20 pages or so to read each week as well as scripture and questions to answer.  So far we have been getting a lot out of each lesson.  The last two weeks we were inbetween starting lessons so we did lessons on soul winning.  The first week we broke down the great commission and the four action verbs.  Go, Teach , Baptise, and Teach.  Then last week we did a study on Andrew and how he was known for bringing people to Christ.  We also looked at an amazing verse Philippians 1:20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.  We ended this weeks class going around the room naming someone that we were burdened about then spent time praying for them.   It has been a good couple of weeks.  This week we are starting Issues of life answered from the Bible.  We will be studying Eternal Life, The Bible, Hell, Accountability, Character, Liquor, Second Coming of Christ, War, Abortion, Modesty, Sodomy, Worship, and Revival.    I am looking forward to another good 13 weeks of lessons. 
   I was given the opportunity to preach the Sunday night before Christmas.  I preached a message called America Who is Your God.  Our main passage was Psalms 33:12  Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord...  We need more Independent, Fundamental, Conservative, KJV,  Baptist Churches in this land.  I am praying for our men's prayer breakfast tomorrow morning.  I am teaching a lesson on The Enemy (Satan).  I am looking forward to a time of fellowship and breakfast pizza.  Amen!

Well sorry for the rambling just trying to catch up.  I will be better at posting  now that things are not so crazy.  Hold the Fort my brothers and stay true to the things of God!!
  

No comments: